From Andi Anne Easy Recipes, I share with you another healthy breakfast, or good anytime, muffin.
These tasty morsels are packed full of nutrition; and they are gluten-free and oil-free. Eliminate nuts and use dairy-free milk for nut-free, dairy-free options. There’s more! Refined sugar is replaced by maple syrup or honey to enhance the sweetness of the overripe bananas.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (1 1/2 c. whole, 1 1/2 c. ground)
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas – mashed
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- In a food processor or blender, finely grind 1 1/2 cups rolled oats to make oat flour.
- In a mixing bowl combine oat flour, whole oats, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, then mix well.
- Mash bananas thoroughly and add to oat mixture.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and add to the oat mixture.
- Add maple syrup, milk and vanilla to the oat mixture.
- Mix all together and let it sit 10-20 minutes so the oats soak up the wet ingredients.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until done
These should be stored in the fridg, they will keep for a week. They also freeze well for longer storage.
Pop on over to Andi Anne’s and see more about these delicious, nutritious treats.