“Pesto Without a Recipe” by Jean Anne Feldeisen https://link.medium.com/1JURMGGrv9
Basil is probably my favorite herb. Dill is a tough competitor, but basil is so easy to grow and oh so fragrant.
With fresh tomatoes so very plentiful now, they are a perfect compliment to basil. Here are some suggestions for basil and pesto:
- Caprese Salad – a simple salad with slices of tomato and fresh mozzarella sprinkled with basil leaves a shake of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to finish off.
- Chicken and Sausage Skewers – alternate chunks of chicken breast and Italian sausage. Brush with pesto, let it sit for 20 minutes. Then grill.
- Turkey Club Sandwich – or any kind of turkey sandwich
- Shrimp and Fettucine Pasta with pesto – cook shrimp and pasta. Combine and toss with pesto. Top with shaved parmesan
- Add pesto to soups – minestrone, bean and sausage are excellent pairings.