The holidays are here. With them come parties and gatherings with friends and family.
I don’t know about you, but I prefer a spread of appetizers, small bits, finger food to a multi-course sit-down dinner. Save the sit-downs for an intimate dinner for 2 or party of 4.
Two years ago I brought you some of my favorite cookie recipes in Five Days of Christmas Cookies. This year I bring you Five Days of Holdiay Appetizers.
So, to kick-off the week, we start with a super easy, delectable treat – bacon wrapped mini hot dogs with an extra treat – brown sugar. (Diet starts next year.)
These tasty little morsels couldn’t be easier – no measuring or stirring required.
How are they made?
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut 1 slice of bacon into 3 pieces.
- Wrap 1 smokie in 1 bacon piece
- Roll in brown sugar to coat
- Place on the rack of a cookie sheet
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Bake at 350 degrees F 40-50 minutes
- A one pound package of bacon will wrap one 14-ounce package little smokies.
- Use about one cup brown sugar to coat wrapped smokies.
- It isn’t necessary to secure the wrapped bacon with a toothpick, the bacon seals itself.\
- For an added kick, mix some cayenne pepper with the brown sugar (optional).
- Serve with ketchup or barbeque sauce if you wish.
We have a party to attend this coming weekend. Do you think these would be a hit with friends?
Tomorrow I will have another treat for you, something a little easier on the waistline/ Stay tuned.