We love tacos and we love soup. Heck, let’s face facts, we love to eat!
This recipe checks all the boxes and the ingredients are pretty much staples in our kitchen.
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey or Chicken
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Whole Kernal Corn, drained
- 2 Cans Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
As an added bonus, it is a Zero Points Recipe from Weight Watchers. If you were to use ground beef instead of turkey or chicken, it wouldn’t be Zero, but still pretty good for the waistline.
You can make this in an Instant Pot, although I made this on the stovetop. It cooks so quickly once the meat is browned and onions/garlic softened, I didn’t see the benefit of using the IP.
Here is how to put this together in a stovetop soup pot::
- Brown the meat and add onion and garlic to soften. Drain any fat off.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Then mix in the taco seasoning.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes (more or less to meld in the flavors).
To use the IP, saute step 1 on high then follow the instructions for 2 and 3, and cook on high pressure 5 minutes with a quick release.
Serve with your favorite toppings – sour cream, cheese, green onions. avocados, or tortillas.
Bud likes to spice his up a bit more with Sriracha. It’s spciy enough for me.
One of these days I am going to try making my own taco seasoning.